Professor Antonis Makrigiannakis MD, PhD
University of Crete
Chairman of Ob/Gyn Department in University Hospital of Heraklion
Age: 54 years old
Married, two kids
Graduated from Medical School University of Athens.
Completed PhD thesis and post-doctoral studies on molecular pharmacology of hormones and neuropeptides in Greece in a combine project with NIH. Further training and specialization in infertility and reproductive medicine was undertaken in the Division of Human Reproduction, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, USA.Then moved to Imperial College, London, UK at the Hammersmith Hospital as a Senior Scientist in the IVF Unit and the Centre of Reproductive Medicine. Now hold the positions of Professor and Director in Reproductive Medicine in the University of Crete and Chairman of Ob/ Gyn Department. Published more than 186 per review papers, 8 books, 16 chapters and more than 300 invited lectures.
- Founding member of Meditteranean Society of Reproductive Medicine ( MSRM)
- Chairman of the Clinical Award Committee of ESHRE.
- Member of the Stearing Committee of Certification of ESHRE.
- Past – Member of the Excecutive Committee of ESHRE.
- Past Member of the Scientific Committee of EBCOG.
- Past – Member of the Excecutive Committee of European Society Clinical Investigation. (ESCI)